Fat transfer is a surgical procedure which transfers fat from a part of the body to another part to ensure rejuvenation of the same .This could include transfer to the face making it more youthful and correcting any bumps and deformities; it can be used in the breast along with implants for a more natural looking outcome. It is also used in buttock augmentation as a standalone process or with implants. It is also used to blend and camouflage facial deformities ,correct contour due to ageing ,trauma and others. It can be combined with facelift, eyelid surgery, breast augmentation
Fat transfer also improves quality of skin especially acne scars, lip augmentation etc.
Who is a good candidate for surgery?
- Healthy individuals who do not have medical conditions that impair healing
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic expectations
How to prepare for a surgery.
Dr. Aditya Aggarwal shall discuss your past medical history in detail to determine your candidacy for the procedure. The procedure shall be explained to you in detail.
Doctor shall discuss the following:
- Fat grafting options.
- Course of treatment.
- Likely outcomes and the potential risks involved.
- Take pictures of the targeted areas to compare with post operative outcomes
- Evaluation of general health status.
- Medical examination including tests.
- Physical examination:
- Avoid anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen that may interfere with the healing process.
- Stop smoking and alcohol at least 4 weeks before the surgery.
- Arrange for help to be driven home from the hospital.
- Plan to stay home and limit activities for a few days after surgery.
- The procedure is may be done under local anesthesia and IV sedation or under General Anesthesia, Dr. Aditya Aggarwal will discuss this in detail with you